Our final day in Penang began with the hunt for the famous Penang Road Teochew chendol at Lebuh Keng Kwee. There's actually two chendol stores at this street, but you can guess which one's the famous one (hint: the store with more crowd, duh?). However, my uncle told me that he tried both, and found that there's not much difference between the two. Oh well, we ended up getting from the famous one. We also each had a bowl (well Steven had two) of asam laksa from the Penang Road Laksa shop. The asam laksa here is the bomb! The soup is heavenly. Let me repeat: HEAVENLY. It's no wonder the place has been visited and featured on so many Asian food programs. If I was returning to Penang I'd definitely come back for more. The chendol on the other hand was good, but not to the point that makes me want to brag about it.
Lebuh Keng Kwee
The Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendol stall
The chendol
The asam laksa!
Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendol
Lebuh Keng Kwee off Penang Road
10200 Georgetown
After brunch, it was time for some souvenir shopping, and we walked around Chowrasta Market. I didn't get any souvenirs though, because I am cheapskate (Hello, don't believe what I just wrote!). Nah, it was because I didn't see anything worth getting for my friends and family back home, so yeah. Walked around more to digest that awesomely heavenly asam laksa before heading to Georgetown's UNESCO World Heritage Zone.
The Old Majestic Cinema along Phee Choon Road
I took a picture of Ms. Mei-Jean...
...taking picture of us
Look at this photographer's finger (upper left corner)
Komtar along Penang Road
We visited the famous Fort Cornwallis, which is located along the Esplanade. If you're lucky (as we were), the sunny weather and clear blue sky here made it a perfect day for photography. If you're interested the the history of Penang and this fort, there's ample of reading materials for inside this fort for your reading pleasure.
Entrance to Fort Cornwallis
With Sir Francis Light!
Small chapel
View from atop the fort wall
Fort Cornwallis
Jalan Tun Syed Shah Barakbah (The Esplanade)
10200 Georgetown
And then it was time to bid farewell to Penang! I will definitely return for more Penang in the near future!

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)














No comments:
Post a Comment